Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Charlotte Trip

I was able to go to Charlotte this past weekend, we left on Thursday and came back on Monday. I went with two of my friends, Sandy and Caitlin. We went to Cirque du Soliel on Thursday night. It was so amazing and if I ever had the chance to go again I totally would. I cannot even articulate how amazing it was and how enamored I was with it. The show we saw was Alegria
We went to Carowinds on Friday, which was quite an adventure. The forcast said that it was supposed to storm everyday we were there, but we decided to try Carowinds anyway. It was storming the whole drive down there (about 20 miles), but as soon as we got there it stopped storming. We were there for a couple of hours and rode several rides, so we decided to take a lunch break. After we were done with our lunch, we were deciding what to do next and it started to storm and rain like crazy. I honestly think lightning hit one of the rides. Luckily, we were under a shelter so we just stayed there for a while. We then decided that it wasn't worth it and left. This storm seriously made national news and it rained 6 inches in about 2 hours. It was CRAZY.

We had a great time and it was nice to get away from Radford and take (another) vacation. In other news, I took the GRE on August 3rd. It went really well and I should get my official scores in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment